This webinar held on December 11, 2020, was led by AFT’s National Agricultural Land Network and provided an introduction to Buy-Protect-Sell. Buy-Protect-Sell is a successful strategy used by some land trusts and public agencies to protect land and facilitate its transfer to a farmer or rancher. Buy-Protect-Sell 101 introduces the concept and provides insight during a panel discussion with practitioners.
The webinar was moderated by Cris Coffin, AFT’s National Agricultural Land Network Director & Senior Policy Advisor. Topics included how projects can be financed and structured, and how practitioners identify and work with farm buyers to help provide the support they need to succeed. Learn from stories of success and challenges practitioners should be prepared for.
- John Piotti, CEO & President, American Farmland Trust
- Maggie Donin, Farmland Access Program Manager, Vermont Land Trust
- Susan Payne, Executive Director, State of New Jersey Department of Agriculture State Agriculture Development Committee
- Robin Fay, Senior Conservation Manager, Washington Farmland Trust
- Stacy Funderburke, Regional Counsel and Conservation Acquisition Associate, The Conservation Fund
- Adam Bishop, Farmland Protection Program Director, Maine Farmland Trust