The FIC serves agricultural landowners, farmers, concerned citizens, planners, land trusts, lawmakers, and local, state and federal officials. We help communities and states create new or improve existing policies and programs to reduce agricultural land conversion, permanently protect land, and support the business of agriculture.
At the FIC we:
- Maintain a comprehensive online library of farm and ranch land protection including statistics, sample plans, easements, ordinances, recommended model laws, state and federal preservation programs, fact sheets, legislative updates, articles, reports, and more.
- Produce educational resources to help educate key audiences and answer requests for information.
- Analyze key data sources and track farmland protection activity nationwide
- Conduct an annual survey of purchase of agricultural conservation easement (PACE) programs.
- Help policymakers identify applicable models and explain how they work.