The Local Government Commission assists local governments in establishing and nurturing the key elements of livable communities:
- a healthier human and natural environment,
- a more sustainable economy,
- an actively engaged populace, and
- an equitable society.
LGC assists local governments in developing and implementing policies and programs that help establish these key elements by:
- Facilitating conferences, regional workshops and other partnering opportunities;
- Producing guidebooks, videos, slide shows, and several monthly newsletters that share policy and project ideas;
- Providing an extensive resource library run by qualified staff;
- Providing an e-mail alert service that shares information on available state and federal grants.