On This Page
Tables showing changes in land cover/use are not available for Alaska. Limited data were published after the official release of the 2007 NRI in the Alaska 2007 NRI Summary Report.
- Go to NRI Web site
- Alaska 2007 NRI Summary Report
- FIC technical memo about the 2007 NRI
- Summary of agricultural land developed
- Summary of rural land developed
- Changes in land cover/use data tables
- Glossary of NRI-related terms
|Land in Farms (acres)||881,585||833,861||849,753|
|Permanent Pasture and Rangeland (acres)||737,746||696,359||714,377|
|Land in Buildings (acres)||15,903||16,562||16,493|
|Total Land Area (acres)||424,491,520||424,491,520||424,491,520|
|All operators/All producers||1,146||1,230||1,847|
|All operators/All producers 34 and younger||86||96||140|
|All operators/All producers 65 and older||214||249||441|
|All producers with experience of 10 years or less on any farm||—||—||780|
|Principal producers 34 and younger||—||—||107|
|Principal producers 65 and older||—||—||369|
|Principal producers with experience of 10 years or less on any farm||—||—||594|
|Principal operators / Primary producers||686||762||990|
|Principal operators / Primary producers 34 and younger||26||37||52|
|Principal operators / Primary producers 65 and older||157||188||286|
|Primary producers with experience of 10 years or less on any farm||—||—||399|
|Market value of agricultural products sold||$57,019,000||$58,925,000||$70,459,000|
|Average market value of agricultural products sold per operation||$83,119||$77,329||$71,171|
|Market value of agricultural products sold directly to consumers||$1,682,000||$2,227,000||$4,446,000|
|Market value of agricultural products sold directly to retail markets, institutions, and food hubs for local or regionally branded products||—||—||$3,531,000|
Notes on Changes to the 2017 Census of Agriculture
- Producer characteristic data were collected for a maximum of four producers on each farm, up from a maximum of three producers in prior years.
- Principal producer is a new term that identifies up to two main decision-makers on each farm, up from one principal operator in prior years.
- Market value of agricultural products sold directly to consumers expanded to include value-added products.
- Market value of agricultural products sold directly to retail markets, institutions, and food hubs for local or regionally branded products is a new data item.
- FIC 2017 Census of Agriculture Fact Sheet
- Download: Table of Land in Farms by State
- Census of Agriculture Website