Welcome to the Hawaii Statistics page. Here you will find frequently requested data specific to this state from the National Resources Inventory and the Census of Agriculture. You also can link to additional information and data sources.
On This Page
|Agricultural land converted to developed land (acres)||10,100||4,800||6,800||50,400|
|Agricultural land at the beginning of the reporting period (acres)||1,353,900||1,332,100||1,262,900||1,422,700|
|Prime agricultural land at the beginning of the reporting period (acres)||189,200||175,600||160,900||216,100|
|Forest land converted to developed land (acres)||6,300||2,800||9,300||26,000|
|Other rural land converted to developed land (acres)||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Total surface area (acres)||4,123,000||4,123,000||4,123,000||4,123,000|
|Land in Farms (acres)||1,121,329||1,129,317||1,135,352|
|Permanent Pasture and Rangeland (acres)||738,271||770,085||761,816|
|Land in Buildings (acres)||126,391||92,456||93,548|
|Total Land Area (acres)||6,995,840||6,995,840||6,995,840|
|All operators/All producers||11,412||10,874||12,368|
|All operators/All producers 34 and younger||570||559||757|
|All operators/All producers 65 and older||2,746||3,306||5,161|
|All producers with experience of 10 years or less on any farm||—||—||6,937|
|Principal producers 34 and younger||—||—||504|
|Principal producers 65 and older||—||—||4,450|
|Principal producers with experience of 10 years or less on any farm||—||—||2,914|
|Principal operators / Primary producers||7,521||7,000||7,328|
|Principal operators / Primary producers 34 and younger||212||192||316|
|Principal operators / Primary producers 65 and older||2,094||2,398||3,422|
|Primary producers with experience of 10 years or less on any farm||—||—||2,057|
|Market value of agricultural products sold||$513,626,000||$661,347,000||$563,803,000|
|Average market value of agricultural products sold per operation||$68,292||$94,478||$76,938|
|Market value of agricultural products sold directly to consumers||$8,657,000||$13,215,000||$27,882,000|
|Market value of agricultural products sold directly to retail markets, institutions, and food hubs for local or regionally branded products||—||—||$124,519,000|
Notes on Changes to the 2017 Census of Agriculture
- Producer characteristic data were collected for a maximum of four producers on each farm, up from a maximum of three producers in prior years.
- Principal producer is a new term that identifies up to two main decision-makers on each farm, up from one principal operator in prior years.
- Market value of agricultural products sold directly to consumers expanded to include value-added products.
- Market value of agricultural products sold directly to retail markets, institutions, and food hubs for local or regionally branded products is a new data item.
- FIC 2017 Census of Agriculture Fact Sheet
- Download: Table of Land in Farms by State
- Census of Agriculture Website