This webinar aims to strengthen participant connections with the network of resource providers in the state of Maryland; deepen understanding of available technical and financial resources available to landowners and producers to improve soil health and how to access those resources; identify strategies with key resource providers to address barriers and expand adoption of soil health practices on permanently protected farmland.
This session is part of American Farmland Trust’s Soil Health Stewards Program, a national effort to engage and support agricultural land protection practitioners in promoting soil health practices with the farmers, ranchers, and others who own and manage permanently protected agricultural land. Launched in 2021, this program provides unique learning opportunities and support for staff of land conservation organizations and public farmland protection programs in different regions across the nation. Access the other trainings via AFT’s Soil Health Stewards Toolkit, linked below.
- Susan Lamb, Resource Conservationist, MD NRCS
- Michelle Cable, Executive Director, MD Department of Agriculture
- Kevin Antoszewski, Healthy Soils Program Coordinator, MD Department of Agriculture
- Jordan Bailey, Program Manager – RCPP/CSP/AMA, MD NRCS
- Colleen Kiefer, District Conservationist, MD NRCS
- Ann Rossi-Gill, Area Resource Soil Scientist, MD NRCS
- Amanda Cather, Project Director, Million Acre Challenge