This webinar aims to strengthen participant connections with the network of resource providers in the state of Pennsylvania; deepen understanding of available technical and financial resources available to landowners and producers to improve soil health and how to access those resources; identify strategies with key resource providers to address barriers and expand adoption of soil health practices on permanently protected farmland.
This session is part of American Farmland Trust’s Soil Health Stewards Program, a national effort to engage and support agricultural land protection practitioners in promoting soil health practices with the farmers, ranchers, and others who own and manage permanently protected agricultural land. Launched in 2021, this program provides unique learning opportunities and support for staff of land conservation organizations and public farmland protection programs in different regions across the nation. Access the other trainings via AFT’s Soil Health Stewards Toolkit, linked below.
- Dan Ludwig, State Resource Conservationist, PA NRCS State Office
- Susan Marquart, Assistant State Conservationist for Partnerships, RCPP Coordinator, PA NRCS State Office
- Andrea Reiner, Agricultural Program Coordinator, PA Department of Agriculture – Bureau of Farmland Preservation
- Scott Heckman, Assistant State Conservationist for Partnerships, RCPP Coordinator, PA NRCS State Office
- Ryan Cornelis, Assistant State Conservationist for Partnerships, PA NRCS Office
- Hathaway Jones, Management Analyst, PA NRCS State Office
- Doug Wolfgang, Director, PA Department of Agriculture – Bureau of Farmland Preservation
- Karl Brown, Executive Director, PA State Conservation Commission
- Lisa Blazure, Soil Health Coordinator, Soil Health Coalition