This webinar is part of American Farmland Trust’s Soil Health Stewards Virtual Training held for entities in Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania on September 8, 9, & 10, 2021. The purpose of this session is to familiarize viewers with AFT-NRCS Soil Health Economic and Environmental Case Studies, which provide calculated estimates of the costs, benefits, and return on investment experienced by “soil health successful farmers,” and estimates of water quality and climate benefits. Speakers discuss ways these materials can be used with landowners and producers to encourage soil health practice adoption.
- Michelle Perez, National Water Initiative Director, American Farmland Trust
- Aaron Ristow, Stewardship Program Manager, American Farmland Trust
- Ben Wiercinski, Agricultural Economist, American Farmland Trust
- Sarah Blount, Midwest Conservation Technician, American Farmland Trust
- Flo Swartz, Consultant, American Farmland Trust
- Morgan Bond, Owner, B & R Farm